Some random thoughts for a Sunday night finishing up 2 1/2 weeks of vacation:
- Am I turning into a homebody? I have really enjoyed staying home more during vacation. Yes, I had some lunch and movie dates, but overall I was content to stay home.
- I'd like to begin cooking more when time allows. Right now my hubby does most of the cooking because he retired and I'm working on my master's degree. I'd like to have one night a week where I cook a good meal, maybe one of my mother's recipes.
- Are we truly considering another major road trip for vacation this summer? Looks like my master's program commencement will be in Minneapolis, MN (since it's an online program I guess they choose a location in the middle of the U.S.). My eldest son is very excited at the prospect. So am I!
- Time to get back to healthy eating and drop the pounds I put on during the holidays. I am looking forward to eating some yummy food!
- Looking forward to my date with hubby tomorrow night. He got a call yesterday from Chipotle Mexican Grill that he won a free meal for himself and his "employees." I had put his photography business card in the "drawing bowl" when we went there the last time. He said he only had "one employee" and that's me! Woo-hoo!
- I am so proud of my youngest son, Michael. He ran a half marathon in Newport Beach today in the rain. He said two of the 13 miles he ran were in hail! He also got out of his warm cozy bed at 4 a.m. this morning to go to the run. What a guy! Picture coming his week of him and his medal.
- What book can I pick up next to really get into? I'll have to check my shelves and find a good one.
- I love podcasts! Last night I had a horrible headache while I was trying to fall asleep. To take my mind off of it, I listened to old Creative Mom Podcast episodes. Her voice is so soothing. Also love Cast On - a podcast for knitters. Another voice like butter! I lent my iPod to my marathon runner this morning (his got washed by mistake) and I really missed it this morning when I did some knitting.
- It will be good to see my students tomorrow. I've missed their sweet faces and hugs!
1 comment:
Love the random and assorted posts! I too am a homebody and do like to cook. Most of the time :) I love date night too, though - have fun at the Mexican place! How cool that he won a free dinner, enjoy!
Post a Comment