because I don't go back to work until January 7th. That's one of the perks of being a teacher--a nice long two weeks for winter break. Love that we still have so much time after the craziness of the holiday! We had a nice Christmas, filled with love, good food, and happiness. My youngest son was down with a nasty stomach virus all day Christmas. Hubby and I decided to put off our big ham dinner. We'll make it tonight or tomorrow night instead. We watched "The Holiday" together as a family and just relaxed with lots of naps and downtime after my stepdaughter and granddaughter left in the morning.
Today I got to sleep in till 9 a.m. Sure was wonderful not to set the alarm! In a bit I'm off to lunch with my dear friend, Tina. We'll drop our sons off at the movies and have a couple of hours of girlfriend chitchat over lunch. I can't wait. She's a really special friend because we don't work together. Most of my closest friends are co-workers. It's good to have someone outside the teaching field to talk with. Besides, she is just a friend you can talk to about anything and she's always there when I need her.
Not much else going on. Reading this book, On Strike for Christmas, a gift from my girlfriend, Emily. It's really cute so far! Fun read after the holidays. Next up with be this library book, The Abstinence Teacher, by Tom Perrotta. It's due on Jan. 2nd so I need to get busy reading!
I'm also planning out my next few knitting projects. I'm finishing up a scarf with some acrylic yarn for my sister-in-law. She's a very quirky person with some major "hoarder/clutterbug" issues. I don't even know if she'll use the scarf though she asked me to knit her one. So I am using up some acrylic yarn that I bought before I ever held "the good yarn" in my hands. Now that I've knit with some alpaca and real wool, this acrylic stuff feels "not so nice" to me. Though it may seem mean, I don't want to use the real nice yarn if it is not going to be worn. So I'm finishing up that scarf and hope to give it to her on New Year's Eve. I think I'm going to add my upcoming knitting projects for 2008 in a sidebar. I like being able to see them all together there. May do the same with the books I'm planning to read next.
That's about it for now. Hope everyone is enjoying their downtime.
2 comments:
Some quiet time, yea! I hope you have a wonderful time off. I am thinking of taking knitting classes in January. I had been trying to do it all Fall but my classes kept being cancelled(no one but me signed up)but I found a little knitting store so I think I'll go there.
Definitely add your projects and books to your sidebar, fun! I also have a library book that is due back soon, so I need to get busy reading too. I enjoy it though, and love having some down time too :)
Post a Comment