Friday, November 9, 2007

Praise from a sixteen year old...


because I served cut up Honeycrisp apples with grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. First, he asked why the apples were there. I told him they made a tasty combo.

His response..."How did you know that? You are so awesome, Mom!"
Then he recommended that I try golfish crackers with grapes.

The highlight of my day. It doesn't get better than this. Not with a teenager!

3 comments:

Karen said...

That must have made you feel really good. Kids don't very often say things like that but when they do they are words that we will cherish.

Anonymous said...

I just had to laugh at this...it is SO true!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh wow, a teenager that thinks his mom is awesome! What a great mom you must be, that's great :)

BTW, after reading about the Honeycrisp apples here, I picked up a couple in the store. My husband is really picky about his apples. He won't eat Granny Smith or Red Delicious. Mostly he will eat Fuji or sometimes Gala ones. He really liked the Honeycrisp ones though and told me to get more of them. So thank you so much for the tip!

Oh, and I'll have to remember to try them with grilled cheese!