Thursday, October 25, 2007

Nothing fun on the "to do list" this weekend...

because it is all work and no play as of tomorrow. This is the final weekend of my master's course and I have a Collaborative Action Research Project Report (I know, sounds exciting, huh?!) to write. It's 45% of my final grade and involves tons of data analysis and writing. I've started on it tonight but it's going to be a lot of work. It's due Sunday night. Another smaller paper due then too. In addition, my next class begins on Monday. So I will spend some time this weekend downloading that course's syllabus and Week One assignments. Parent conferences are next week too. Gotta get organized for those, at least the ones on Monday. I've agreed to be a Mentor Teacher to the two new teachers on staff. That required going to training yesterday and a bunch of forms still to fill out and fax in. I need to get organized to meet with the new teachers too. Paperwork every which way that I turn.

One thing I am sort of looking forward to is the Parent Education Day at my son's high school on Saturday morning. Even though he's a senior there, there will be lots of good info shared about college. Also, my twin sons are headed there next fall. Gotta be informed!

When I think I'm going to lose my mind with writing papers and filling out forms, I will turn to two things that always make me feel a bit better:


my books and my knitting. I'm still working on the green scarf. And I've started a new book: After This, by Alice McDermott So far, so good. Haven't gotten too far into it yet. I just finished reading The Choice, by Nicholas Sparks. I'm a sucker for his love stories. This one does not disappoint.

And my last "hurrah" for this week before the madness begins is Grey's Anatomy tonight on the couch with my sweet husband. Add a big bowl of and I'm a happy girl, at least for tonight!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Good luck on your master's course. I'm sure you'll be a great mentor teacher. Your bowl of ice cream sounded delish!!