Today flew by as fast as the weekend. I was at work by 7 a.m. and left shortly after 6 p.m. I was busy every moment of my time there, either teaching, meeting with the principal, working with my teaching partner, or mentoring two brand new teachers. I left work pooped out. God bless my hubby who had a hot dinner waiting on the table when I walked in the door. He's a good guy. My younger brother gave me a belated "happy birthday" call after returning from his vacation. Nice that he thought of me and took the time to call. We chatted for nearly 30 minutes. I'd like to think that Mom was smiling down on us while we chatted. One of the last things she said to all of us, her children, as we surrounded her bed was "Keep the family together." We are, Mom, we are.
Even though I was so tired, I had promised my sons a trip to Borders to take advantage of my educator discount of 25% through tomorrow on personal books, DVDs, and CDs. The boys picked out a few books, I got Grey's Anatomy, Vol. 3, CD and we all left happy. I picked up this book as well: Complete Idiot's Guide to Being Vegetarian, by Frankie Avalon Wolfe, Paperback. One of my sons made the decision to become a vegetarian at the end of June. He's gone three months without beef, pork, poultry, or fish. I support his choice but need to learn more about it. I want to ensure that he is eating properly to get a balanced diet, including enough protein. I am not offended by the "idiot's guide" in the title. I like the format of the book, it makes for an easy read.
Other highlights today include receiving some wonderful birthday gifts from co-workers who are dear friends. One girlfriend, Emily, included this book in my gift: Faraday Girls, by Monica McInerney, Paperback. Looks really interesting. I need a good chick read after reading a lot of non-fiction lately. I think I'm going to put it on the top of my TBR (to be read) pile. My teaching partner made chocolate cupcakes to share with our students to celebrate my birthday. What a nice surprise and I appreciate all the work that she put into it.
Time to get some rest! Here's hoping tomorrow is a bit slower paced and I can find some time to hang out on the couch with my sweet husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment