Sunday, September 30, 2007

Another week flies by...

and I feel like life is moving at such a fast pace. Last week was just crazy and I really missed blogging more often. This coming week should be much calmer with just Back to School Night for my job on Weds. night.

Some things I'm looking forward to this week:

  • Getting the honeycrisp apples my friend picked up at Costco for me (Have you tasted these? They are seriously delicious and only available in the fall here)
  • Being home in the evenings to watch TV with my family
  • Reading more!
  • Casting on with the green yarn for a scarf
  • Blogging about the Relay for Life and my birthday
  • Watching the second show of Grey's Anatomy
  • Dinner on Friday night at my sister-in-law's home for my b'day
  • A trip to Borders bookstore to use the 25% educator's discount special
  • Maybe going shopping

Today's highlight was definitely an hour long phone call with my dear friend, Charles. We have been friends since the eighth grade, about thirty years. He lives in the northern part of California and I haven't seen him since August 2006. He called to wish me a happy birthday and we had the best heart-to-heart talk. It really made my day. We spoke about how much our friendship means to us, what we've gone through in life, how it feels to be 45 years old. He is a blessing, a true friend. Even though we don't see each other often, or speak all that frequently, I know I can count on him. I love him very much and miss him.

1 comment:

Trish said...

I'm so glad you got to have such a nice long chat with Charles. Did you two make plans to see each other again anytime soon? I know how much that would mean to you!