Thursday, October 4, 2007

Birthday joy (part two)

Thank you to my dear friend, Trish, for all the birthday goodies (and some belated holiday gifts) I received in the mail last week. Trish, Bloomin' Knitiot, has been a close online friend for about ten years. She inspired me to take up knitting earlier this year. She's a published designer and you can visit her website at Once in a Bloomoon Creations to see and buy her designs! I love the cool "coffee cup holder" she knit for me. It's absolutely adorable! She made me a cute iPod cover which fits perfectly! And the yarn she sent, oh my! I've never even touched alpaca silk and I'm so excited. Woo-hoo! The stitch markers are so pretty--gorgeous colors. A row counter for when I get more advanced, in a neat case. Chocolate scented stickers! Those are going to thrill some of my students when they see them on their spelling tests. And some extra baby yarn that she had promised me. I can't tell you what joy it brought me to receive her package and unwrap each item from its pretty green paper (Trish's fave color). Thank you, Trish, for your generosity and thoughtfulness. You made my birthday very special!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Trish said...

You're so very welcome, Maria! I hope you enjoy it all! Mwah!

Christine said...

WHAT FUN!!! Okay Trish - I need the pattern for the coffee holder with the 'steam' - need it I say! Beautiful gifts for a beautiful woman. Happy Birthday Maria!!