Sunday, September 2, 2007

Contemplating September

September is always a busy month around here (and for many of you, I'm sure). Here are some things that are on my mind:

Things I'm looking forward to this month:

  • The first day of school (as a teacher and as a mom to three sons)
  • Hearing about my nephew's first day of preschool on Tuesday
  • Scrapbooking with my niece, Rebecca
  • Seeing my granddaughter and stepdaughter next weekend
  • Bunko at my sister-in-law's home on the 14th
  • A baby shower for two special people that I work with (they met at work and married)
  • My 45th birthday (yes, I still get excited about my b'day!)
  • Attending Back to School Nights at the high school and middle school
  • Go to a family BBQ/Pool party at the end of the month

Things I have to do but am not too thrilled about:

  • Get a mammogram
  • Make dental appts. for all the boys

Days that are going to be difficult to get through in some ways:

  • both of my parents' birthdays this month~I miss them both so much
  • Grandparents Day (my sons have no living grandparents)
  • My oldest son's first day of school this year~he's beginning his senior year!
  • My 45th birthday and not hearing my mother's voice wishing me a happy day

Things I'm hoping happen this month:

  • This insanely hot weather cools off considerably!
  • My third graders and I get off to a good start in the new school year
  • I get "all fine" results on all my "female tests" done this summer
  • Maybe some one on one time with each of the boys
  • My son can decide which colleges he wants to apply to
  • I get on a regular walking schedule and can maintain a healthy weight
  • I get a bit organized for the upcoming holidays
  • I can get back to my knitting
  • I get some scrapping done

1 comment:

Stephanie Coats said...

Great list, Maria! Very thoughtful and detailed. {{{Maria}}} for the things you're not looking forward to.