Monday, August 20, 2007

Yarn Choices

So, I am a beginning knitter. Haven't done much more than scarves and a dishcloth. But I want to get better and I want to knit with good yarn. I'm inspired by my dear friend, Trish, at Bloomin' Knitiot. So this morning my husband asks me if I want to accompany him to Michaels, The Arts & Crafts Store (he's on the hunt for frames and brown mailing paper). Sure, I say! I know better than to buy more scrapping supplies, as I haven't used the tons I have. But I do look through the couple of aisles of yarn. Now Trish has encouraged me to use the best yarn I can afford. I've knit with acrylic, 100% wool, and cotton yarn. I can feel the difference, just as she promised me I would. Well, I was looking for something in a pretty green to knit for a special friend. The only color green that I liked was in Vanna’s Choice Yarn. Not wool at all. So I left without buying any yarn. I did, however, buy a cute $1.00 rubber stamp. Because I had to make the trip worth it. Sometime soon I am going to head to the nearest REAL yarn store and just take cash to spend. No way am I going to go crazy with my credit card! The fact that there is a Golden Spoon Frozen Yogurt shop nearby is just icing on the cake!

For now I've got three gift scarves that I need to weave in the loose ends on. I really need to get to knitting something other than scarves. One of these days. But for now I love the mindless knitting.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Welcome to blogland, Maria!!!!