Friday, August 31, 2007

Time is flying!


Where did yesterday go? I think it was the first day I didn't post to this blog since I began it a few weeks ago. Oh well!

Where was I yesterday? Busy having fun and getting paid to do it! Our district provided SPARK physical education training for teachers yesterday. It was voluntary to go but we did get paid if we attended. It was the most fun I've had in a long, long time doing any physical activity like that. The day, all six hours of it, went by so quickly. Most of the time we were up doing the activities with our colleagues. The superintendent even spent the whole day with us. I worked so hard and had a blast. Since our temps are still in the high 90s and low 100s, we did most of the things inside the air-conditioned multi-purpose room. We used fun equipment like frisbees, foam balls, hockey sticks, playground balls, jump ropes, and a bunch of other stuff. We learned games and actvities to teach kids how to throw and catch all kinds of balls, work on coordination, social skills, and more. I could go on and on. I guess this company travels throughout the country providing training. And even more fun, our "trainer" was a man named Ken who will be celebrating his 63rd birthday in two weeks. He has such a passion for physical fitness in our youth. What an inspiration he is to me.

After coming home and taking a nice, cold shower, I took my youngest son to his youth group meeting. Since it was at a leader's house quite a ways from home, I was asked to stay. This is the first time I have really seen him in a big group social setting outside of the family (other than sports events and that). He wasn't too thrilled that I was staying so I made sure to hang with the other moms and bite my tongue if he was acting immature, etc. He's 13 now so you can imagine I bite my tongue quite a bit. I am grateful for his youth group. It's a safe place for him to work out all those feelings that come with adolescence. It was a nice evening too but once I came home, I crashed. I didn't even watch the Big Brother 8 on CBS. I have that to look forward to on the DVR sometime today.

Today is another busy day! I've already been to WeightWatchers to weigh in for the month. I'm a Lifetime member trying hard to maintain a healthy weight. I'm sure yesterday's major workouts helped me to stay in the goal weight range today. Yeah! I've got to pick up new prescription sunglasses and go into work for awhile. The new principal wants my teaching partner and I, as the school's two literacy coaches, to do a brief presentation to the staff on the "welcome back" day on Tuesday.

My next class in my master's program begins today too. It's time to get organized for that and start on the homework. That two weeks off flew by. My next weeklong break won't be until Christmas.

And hopefully, if all goes well, my husband and I can go to a movie and out for some margaritas tonight. We've only had one lunch date alone all summer and I had hoped for a date night in there before school starts. I don't even know what movies are out now. I am not usually a margarita drinker but he had one on vacation and it just tasted so good when I had a sip. So I've been craving one. I probably can only handle one, I'm such a lightweight with alcohol.

So, another busy day filled with good things. I'm happy.

No comments: