
Last night I woke up at 1:30 a.m. to tell my sons to go to bed! They are really taking advantage of the summer hours and the fact that both their parents can't stay awake long enough to send them to bed at a decent time. They totally ignored the midnight bedtime I set so there will be consequences today. Anyway, once I had my adreniline going, I couldn't go back to sleep. Oh, I sure tried! I counted sheep, said prayers, and then made the biggest mistake--started thinking of all that I had to do and wanted to do. I considered getting out of bed and making a list. But I was too tired to get up. Then I did get up and did some tidying up around the kitchen. I took my laptop to the couch and surfed some blogs. I dozed on the couch and came back to bed at 4:45 a.m. when my hubby asked if I was all right. No, I'm exhausted! He let me sleep in and kept the 7 a.m. car service appt. for my van. What a guy. He's still there.
Time to jump in the shower and begin my day.
Plans for today include:
- Annual pap smear/physical
- Trip to Target (yeah, I haven't been in 3 weeks)
- Stop in at work for a couple of hours to check on the new teacher
- Clean up some clutter around here
- Babysit my 4 y.o. nephew and 2 y.o. niece while my sister takes my twins to a baseball game for their birthday gift
Hope everyone has a great day! Make the most of it!
1 comment:
Those middle of the night insomnia moments are tough! Glad you got to sleep in! WTG Jose...he really is a great guy. Hope you had fun at Target!
Post a Comment