Slept in to 9:30 this morning after a long day yesterday. So far, life is good! Of course, I've only been up for 15 minutes or so. Having a quick cup of coffee and we're off to my son's soccer game. It doesn't seem nearly as hot as the past few days. Could fall be on it's way?
In honor of cooler weather and fall baking, I want to share this recipe. I am not sure where exactly I got it, I think from a Gooseberry Patch cookbook or possibly off an old AOL cooking message board. I've made it several times and it is delicious!
German Apple Cake
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
4 tsp. cinnamon
4 tsp. baking powder
5-6 diced apples
Just put all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix all together by hand. Put in buttered and floured 9 x 13” pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until toothpick or knife comes out clean.
1 comment:
Yay, you have had some cooler weather! I bet that was a nice break. =) The cake sounds yummy!!
Post a Comment