Monday, August 27, 2007

Making plans for some girl time

Just got off the phone with my husband's sister. We made plans to meet for breakfast this Saturday. We haven't had any "girl time" in over a year, just the two of us. Really looking forward to it. She's rather special to me, being as she is the one who got my hubby to the retreat where we met. I also set a date to scrapbook with her 12 year old daughter, Rebecca. She's working on her Girl Scout scrapbook and I need to do something with my scrapping stuff. Not sure what I'll choose to work on but I plan to get organized with some "page kits" before the scrapping date on Sept. 8th.

Finished reading Seventeenth Summer tonight. An interesting read considering the book was written quite awhile ago by a college student. It makes me reflect on what it would have been like to grow up and date in a much simpler time. The author was quite wordy in some of her descriptions.

Goodreads get book recommendations from people you know is a great site to keep track of your books and what you want to read next. I highly recommend it. I've been having a blast posting books on there and reading what all my friends have been reading. Check it out!

Our cool weather seems to have left us for now. Back to hotter days. My oldest son and I walked to the high school track this evening and did a few laps. It was much cooler by then and it felt so good to have a breeze while we walked. He seemed quiet and reflective earlier in the day and it was the perfect opportunity to discuss what's been on his mind. I thank God for blessing us with the time and solitude to really talk.

Sent out some happy mail today. It feels good to hand write some cards and such. Maybe surprise someone that I thought of them and took a few minutes to reach out in the "old-fashioned" way as opposed to e-mail. I don't know about you, but I love to see a handwritten envelope in the mail among the bills and junk mail. I really want to do that more.

Tomorrow is back to work for a training day. It'll be good to see the other teachers and some of the support staff. The first day of school is quickly approaching. I'm getting excited!

1 comment:

Stephanie Coats said...

You are so toughtful to hand write notes and snail mail them. It really makes a special difference. I'm so glad you and Joseph have your quality time during your walks!