Here is something I always want to remember. A former student, whom I taught in both 2nd and 5th grades, sent me this private message on Facebook tonight:
Hi Mrs. G! My school has something called the Decker Award, to honor a classroom teacher nominated by a graduating senior, and I immediately wanted to nominate you because of all the teachers I've ever had, none had as great of an impact on me as you did. But then I saw that the teacher had to be between grades 7 and 12 and I got very upset because then I couldn't nominate you. I wanted you to know that you're still the greatest teacher I've ever had, no matter what the award requires. I just wish I could nominate you for you to have the chance to be honored at my Commencement.
And I totally believe her message was a gift from God today. A gift to remind me that I do make a difference and all the hard work and extra hours on nights and weekends to prepare lessons and do what I do is worth it.
Yep, I needed it. And thank you Sarah for sending this message tonight. I am blessed by your thoughtfulness and words of gratitude.
No comments:
Post a Comment