Tuesday, October 1, 2013

10 on Tuesday

A quick ten on Tuesday to update things around here:

  1. I'm loving The Voice this season. I'm always amazed at the stories behind some of these singers. I'll be honest, I also love me some Blake Shelton and Adam Levine.
  2. Work is so busy! I am working harder than ever and there are still not enough hours in the day.  I am hoping things slow down after parent conferences at the end of the month. Teaching a 4/5 combo is definitely a challenge.
  3. Praying every morning on the way to school with my granddaughter is such a sweet time for me.  I am hoping that this routine will plant the seeds of faith in her and show how much trust I put in God each day. 
  4. The weather is cooling down some and that makes me super happy. It was 100 degrees Sunday afternoon when I drove Michael back to APU.  It's in the low 80s this week. Last week we had a day when it was 75 and windy.  Sometimes I dream of retiring to Northern CA where it's much cooler. I'm more than a bit envious of Matthew's weather in Berkeley. 
  5. I'm anxious to have more time to read each day and on the weekends.  I'm currently reading Cross Roads by Wm. Paul Young. This author also wrote The Shack. I'm only three or so chapters in but I'm enjoying it so far and am curious to see where it is going.
  6. My son Michael went to a Ben Rector concert this weekend at The House of Blues in Downtown Disney.  He played a few of his songs on YouTube for me and some of Tyrone Wells (the opener for Ben Rector).  I fell in love with BOTH musicians' styles.  I now own CDs from both of them. I love discovering new music!
  7. I'm really looking forward to going to a church retreat this weekend with my friend, Cindy.  I know I'll have a lot of work to come back to at school but it will be worth it. 
  8. I want to spend some time in the next few days setting October goals (hey, better late than never) that include some scrapbooking and organization time.  Reading too, of course.
  9. I'm hoping to write some handwritten notes this month to encourage people, including my students.
  10. I'm thinking a lot about how I spend what free time I have each day and on the weekends. I know I'm not using it as wisely as I should be.  I need to make some changes.

No comments: