Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Anniversary trip Day 9 August 11

Our first day of waking up in Victoria was a rainy one. We ate in the hotel restaurant. I had pancakes, my usual go to breakfast. They were huge! 
Jose decided to take a risk and ordered Crab Cakes Egg Benedict. He was so happy with his meal! 

We took a nice walk around after breakfast: 

This was a really lazy day for us. We hung out in our room and had a good nap.  Then we headed out on a mile walk along the waterfront to Chinatown. I had found this place on yelp and there were rave reviews on the BBQ pork. We had that, beef and broccoli and chicken fried rice. Overall the meal was ok but nothing to rave about. 
I love the way all the lampposts have  these gorgeous hanging colorful baskets:
This was our view of the setting sun as we walked back from Chinatown to our hotel: 


No comments: