Friday, July 12, 2013

County Teacher of the Year application update

Today was the day for semi-finalists to be notified by the LA County Office of Education if their application was going to the next level of competition.

I did not receive a call or email. And I am ok with that. I really didn't have my hopes up high because there are 80 teachers competing for the 25 semi-finalist spots.

And while I think I am a strong teacher, I know there are teachers who are doing BIGGER and maybe better things than me. And I am ok with that.

I put nearly 40 hours of my personal time (non-work time) into writing my essays and drafting my application. I collected beautiful letters of recommendation from my superintendent, principal, former parents and former students. I did my best and I am proud of that work.

I am honored to represent my district as their Teacher of the Year. I look forward to some of the celebrations that will be happening in the 2013-2014 school year.

For me, that is enough! Now I can relax and not stress out about going on an interview at the county office or submitting work samples.

No comments: