Saturday, August 20, 2011

DC Bound!

I am so blessed to be traveling to Washington, DC on Tuesday, August 23rd with my sister-in-law, Margarita, and her son, Gabriel. Gabriel's beginning Georgetown University and Margarita invited me to go along as she gets him settled. We'll be there for five days. I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

I have never traveled to our nation's capitol and am so thrilled at the thought of going. Jose has been very generous in encouraging me to go on this trip and Margarita found us nonstop tickets to DC from Long Beach (so easy to get in and out of that airport compared to LAX) for only $380!

Tonight I'm surfing the internet looking up info on all the places I want to go and have had friends recommend to me. Sonia, my niece, recommended the Newseum and Jessie, a high school friend, recommended Ford's Theatre where Lincoln was shot.

I've book a DC at night tour...three hour guided tour on an air-conditioned bus to see several monuments, the Capitol and the White House. So excited!

I'm excited too about the Martin Luther King, Jr. monument being dedicated while we are there. So much to see, so much to do.

I know we can't do it all during that time but I hope to hit the most meaningful places like the White House, the Capitol, the monuments, and memorials. Definitely Arlington Cemetary. We will be using public transportation the whole time there so that should be an adventure in itself!

No comments: