Thursday, June 2, 2011

Reunion

Meet Kimberley, the 61 year old woman who is living with my left kidney. Six months after our surgeries, I had the wonderful opportunity to meet both her and her husband, Frank. They were down in Southern California from their home in Merced, CA for an air force conference (Frank's retired air force). We met at Cheesecake Factory and visited for nearly 3 hours as if we'd been friends forever.

I must say, it is a surreal experience to sit across from someone or give them a hug and know that a part of your body that had been with you 48 years is now alive and well in another human being. And to know that this person is HEALTHY and whole because of your body part is very humbling. It's only something that God could orchestrate and I want Him to receive all the glory for this whole process.

As if meeting Kim and Frank wasn't enough, my Red Velvet cheesecake was incredible too. You can catch a glimpse of it in this photo below:

No comments: