Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lazy Saturday

After a busy week of preparing for and hosting Open House at work, driving to Monterey Park after work for a dental CT scan, grocery shopping, and preparing for and cooking for guests on Friday night, I needed a lazy Saturday.

Here's what a lazy Saturday looks like for me:

  • Slept till 7:30 a.m.
  • Drank coffee and ate cherry pop tarts for breakfast (those are a twice a year treat in this house)
  • Spent (wasted) nearly 3 hours on my laptop reading e-mail, reading blogs and listing my Kindle books on lendle.me
  • Went to the local Borders for Educator Appreciation weekend and Kohl's to spend my $30 Kohls Cash. Bought The Passage for Jose and I to read this summer. My niece, Sonia, highly recommended it. Since Matthew was sweet enough to accompany me to the mall, I bought him 3 books. He was most grateful and happy. At Kohls I use the Kohls Cash to buy two new huge cookie sheets and a new muffin pan. It's time to replace some that I've had for 20+ years.
  • Finished reading The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and was totally blown away by the ending. I did NOT see THAT coming!
  • Took a nice long nap.
  • Watched The Killing on DVR with Jose. I'm hooked on this one.
  • Started a new book, Cut, a YA novel by an author I discovered last month.
  • Drove Matthew to his girlfriend's house so they could see a movie.
  • Played WordFeud and Words with Friends with Trish, Christine, and MB.
  • Ate leftovers for lunch and cereal for dinner.
  • Drove through McD's on the way home from Matthew's girlfriend's home and treated myself to the $1 hot fudge sundae
  • Spoke to my older brother, Pete, on the phone.
  • Bed at 11:00 or so.

No comments: