Saturday, March 19, 2011

Slice of Life Day 19

This morning was my day to volunteer at my church's food pantry. I enjoy this volunteer work, probably because I really love food and people (not in that order). It's a good lesson for me in practicing patience, humility, and compassion. I also find that I can tend to be judgmental sometimes and I need to work on that. I question why someone would need free food when they show up to pick out food carrying a cup of coffee from Starbucks. But I remind myself it is not MY place to determine if these visitors truly need the food because of their financial constraints. I remind myself to serve with an open heart, reserve judgment for God, and share the love of Christ with our visitors.

I always leave feeling blessed and remember to count my own blessings for a life of abundance in provision and grace.

No comments: