Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Back at it...

the running that is. Today I ran with Roxanne and a friend of hers. They have much greater stamina than me but I did better than expected. I hope to run alone on Thursday and again with Roxanne on Friday. Due to the hot weather and then rain last week, I have not made a point to get out there and get moving. Felt good to be active again, even though it was a struggle at times.

I know for me, it is MIND over MATTER! I need to push myself because I know I can do it. I give in too easily to walking instead of pushing myself to keep running. There is a 5K on October 30th that I want to try to run/walk in. We'll see what happens there.

I'm thinking of buying a couple of inspirational books for beginning runners, or at least one. I'll have to see what might be available for my Kindle!

No comments: