It's only 7:42 a.m. and I'm already a happy girl. Why? Because it is Saturday, I slept until I felt rested. That was about 6:30 or so. Nice not to have to rush to get up. I've had a couple cups of coffee and a granola bar. Caught up on some blogs and e-mail. Lots more to catch up on but there is time.
Plans for today include a family lunch at Olive Garden (we've had a generous gift card since Sept. and haven't used it). One way to get all three of our sons together and sitting at the table long enough to really talk is to go out to eat. We haven't eaten out at a restaurant since Joe's 18th birthday back in November. It's time...gift card or no gift card. Thankfully, the gift card should cover it all. I've been doing very well with my healthy eating this week but do plan to enjoy the breadsticks there. Without guilt!
A trip to the mall is also planned. The mall on the weekend is somewhere I would prefer to avoid. However, the twins asked to shop for some clothes and I have a JC Penney gift card left from my birthday last Sept. A potential purchase of yoga wear is on my mind. Unless I find something cute to wear for spring. I've still got a good 15 lbs. to lose, so I won't be buying anything formfitting yet.
And then later today, Matthew and I plan to hit a Barnes & Noble or Borders. He has been wanting to just "hang out" in the bookstore for a couple of hours. It's an easy request to grant him. I'll drop him off, hit the Michael's and Payless Shoes in the same area. I need some low heel black work shoes (kinda dressy) and new flip flops. Yep, it's in the high 70s, mid-80s here now. No, I'm not lying! Sorry Trish.
That's about it for today. Downtime at home will be spent relaxing, trying to finish up the Wally Lamb book, and continuing knitting a beanie out of leftover yarn. It'll probably go in the "for charity" bag I'm going to begin.
I really hope to make time to download January photos and post my favorites/highlights today.
I probably should exercise too! After all,those breadsticks will go straight to my tummy.
1 comment:
Hope you had a great weekend Maria!
Post a Comment