Thursday, December 11, 2008

Making Progress

on things...report cards are finished and turned into the principal for his signature and approval. Most of the shopping is finished for our sons. Two huge things done!

Next week is so busy at work. The third grade students (mine included) are performing in the holiday program for the parents on Thursday afternoon. My class is making cookies on Monday as part of a lesson on following multi-step directions, chemical changes in matter (liquids to solids), and math (double measurements, using multiplication). We haven't even started "schoolmade" gifts for parents. Not sure what we'll do on that yet. I will plan it all this weekend. Friday is our class holiday party. I have three big tests to give next week but before I do that, I have to finish teaching geometry (angles and types of triangles), myths and fairy tales, and verb tenses. Not to mention wrap up 19 books for my students' gifts. And bake for my friends on the staff. Oh yeah, I am facilitating Weds. professional development meeting on writing. First, I have to read the assigned chapters. Plus our grade level team is providing the refreshments for the meeting...a nacho bar, fresh fruit, and homemade baked goods (that's my part, the baked goodies). Also, got to copy those report cards, stuff them in envelopes, and distribute them.

But come 2:30 on Dec. 19th, I'm done with work for two whole weeks. That's when the fun begins...wrapping to holiday music, baking away the days, and making new memories. I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You will be ready when that Christmas break comes Maria. I bet it's fun this tiime of year with third graders. Have a good week and get some rest.