It was so good to see Charles. He lives up in Northern California and I don't see him that often. The last time we got together was when he was in town for Christmas. I am so grateful for the time I had visiting with him on Saturday night. We've known each other and been close friends for 30 years. My mother adored him. He loved her dearly too. He is a very special friend in my life. I value our shared past, that we knew each other as children, teenagers, college students, young adults and now have remained close well into "middle age". He is a gift from God. And this evening, of celebrating with his parents and family, was truly a gift from God too.
It's time for me to have my little corner of the web. This blog is an inkling of my random thoughts, memories, worries, and joys. It's just a small part of what makes up the whole me. And it will be constantly changing because it is me...at this moment.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Wow, what a week!
There is so much to blog about that I want to remember...first days of school for all three sons, myself, my students. Being a "single mom" while my husband was in Lake Tahoe shooting a wedding. Discussions with each of the boys. Talks with friends. But one of the absolute best things about this week was the 50th anniversary party I went to last night for my dearest friend's parents. I have known these wonderful people since I was in sixth grade and became friends with their son, Charles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, they don't look like they could possible be married 50 years! Great pictures, sounds like it was a wonderful time :)
Post a Comment