Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Trip Across Los Angeles

from my side of the world to the other side of downtown Los Angeles out to UCLA Medical plaza. My sister drove me over there at 9 a.m. to visit the lab. I had six tubes of blood drawn to check if my kidney is a possible match for her. It was the next step in the potential donor process. I am extremely grateful that the lab is open on Sundays. We were able to avoid major traffic problems that most likely exist every weekday plus the wait was less than 5 minutes once we got there. No traffic on the way home.
The results will take about two or three weeks to reach us. We'll see what happens next.

Off to correct papers on the couch while watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: TV: Food Network. There's this episode on now: TV : Diners, Drive-ins and Dives : The New Jersey Diner Tour : Food Network and I'm wondering if my good friend, Mary Beth, has been to any of these yummy looking dinners. Do tell, MB!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I just want to wish you and your sister lots of luck. I know it will be a long 2 or 3 weeks while waiting for the test results. Hang in there!
Sending lots of hugs your way!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the results of the bloodwork.
I checked out the diners...I couldn't believe there was a diner on Long Beach Island that I hadn't heard of, but when I saw it was in Barnegat Light (way on the other end of the island) that kinda made sense! I've been to the Ritz Diner many times (yum!) and once a long time ago to the Hightstown Diner when my BIL and SIL lived there. The Tick Tock diner in Clifton is big---Doug says we've been there a few times, after some late nights out---but that was probably a long time ago lol.