It's time for me to have my little corner of the web. This blog is an inkling of my random thoughts, memories, worries, and joys. It's just a small part of what makes up the whole me. And it will be constantly changing because it is me...at this moment.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Blessed
Today would have been Mom's birthday. It has been a busy day which has been good for me. Not too much time to be sad. This e-mail from my dearest childhood friend, Charles, was waiting for me tonight when I signed on:"Hey Mrs G: Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you on this special Birthday of your wonderful Mom. I actually chatted with her this morning in my prayers, reminisced and thanked her for all of the love she shared with me. Love you, Charles" I feel so blessed to have this friend still in my life. How amazing to still be in contact with someone other than family who knew my mother, loved her so much, and who still remembers her on her birthday. He would send her a card every year on her birthday. She loved it. It just touches my heart so deeply that he still thinks of her on her day. Surely this message and my friend are signs of God working in my life. I am blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That was so sweet and thoughtful of Charles to send you that email. Something like that is the sign of a true, dear friend. I am so glad you have had him in your life all of these years.
I know how very much you miss your mom every day, but especially on holidays, birthdays, etc. She is smiling down on you, always.
{{{{Maria}}}}
That is so sweet! I still miss my mom and sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who does or remembers her birthday or things like that. How incredible to have family and friends who love and miss your mom, so sweet :)
Hope today and tomorrow are better days for you :)
What a sweet and wonderful friend you have. You are blessed. My Mom passed away suddenly in 2001 and I so wish she could have seen her great grandbabies but you are right birthday and holidays always seem to bring back memories. Hugs to you Maria!
Post a Comment