
Here's the finished sock. It definitely was a learning experience. Once I did the leg part and the heel flap, I struggled to "turn the heel" on my own. Somehow, I got my knitting turned around on the two circular needles and I was knitting on the back needle instead of the front needle.

Because of that mistake, the entire foot is knit in the purl stitch showing out (which should be on the inside). I realized this error a few rows in, but decided to just keep on going as is. I figured this way I would always remember that my first pair of socks is "mismatched" as I plan to knit the second sock correctly! This first sock has some "holes" where I must have done something wrong but that's ok, I didn't expect it to be anywhere close to perfect. Thanks to my hubby for taking the pics for me, it's really hard to take a photo of the bottom of your foot!
1 comment:
Wow, those are great Maria. I just have hope of knitting a scarf someday. :-) They are very pretty socks too.
Post a Comment