After spending two hours at the dentist this morning, I went back to work after a very enjoyable, relaxing summer. I got the key to my new classroom and started moving the furniture about and doing some organizing of the classroom layout. Then I began unpacking boxes. I have accumulated quite a bit of "stuff" over the past ten years of teaching. I did throw out some things and need to declutter a lot more. It felt good to go back on campus. I'm excited for the new year to begin and also to work with two new colleagues (experienced teachers) who are joining my third grade team.
Tomorrow it's back to work on unpacking boxes, organizing materials, and getting focused on the first few days of school.
Fabulous news...our school's third grade test scores on the state test were the highest in the district! Woo-hoo!!! Go third grade team!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
It's so nice to hear your excitement about going "back to school". I'm sure a lot of it is because you'll have your own class this year, but even if that weren't true, I know you'd be anxious to get back to doing what you love to do. Your students are blessed to have you. Congrats to the third graders on their impressive scores!
Congrats on the test scores, that's awesome! I'm so glad you had a good summer and yet are still so happy to be going back. Not always so, huh?! :)
Have a great time getting ready :)
Post a Comment