Thursday, July 17, 2008

What to do with those ripe bananas?

Here's a delicious cake that I have made time and time again. It is so moist and yummy. Once again, I don't have the name of the creator of the recipe. I think it came off the old AOL What's for Dinner board so long ago.

BANANA PUDDING CAKE

1 OR 2 small, ripe bananas
1 package yellow cake mix
1 small package banana creme or vanilla flavored instant pudding
4 eggs
1 cup water
¼ cup oil
½ cup finely chopped nuts (optional)

Slice bananas into large mixer bowl; beat until well mashed. Add remaining ingredients. Blend; then beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Poor into well greased and floured Bundt or 10 inch tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes. Cool in pan at least 15 minutes. Remove from pan. Finish cooling on rack. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.

NOTE: Cake can be baked in a 13x9 inch pan for 50 to 55 minutes. Try serving with whipped cream and bananas on top of each piece.

No comments: