Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Leisurely Sunday Afternoon

I met my friend, Terry, for some girl time today. We hadn't got together since school ended in late June. We had lunch at Red Robin and went to see MAMMA MIA! We have both seen the musical in the theatre twice thanks to a very generous colleague who treated us. I really liked the music and if I didn't already have the soundtrack from the musical play, I'd probably download the movie soundtrack from iTunes. The theatre was mostly filled with middle-aged or older women and it was fun hearing women cheer during certain parts of the movie. We also had time to go to Borders bookstore and we both bought The Last Lecture. I also had the chance to try Pinkberry frozen yogurt. I have heard it is a celebrity favorite in L.A. I had the coffee flavor with no toppings. It was tasty--tart and coffee flavor all in one. I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I wasn't overly impressed and won't be rushing back. I'll stick with Golden Spoon Frozen Yogurt. A great Sunday out with a special friend!

1 comment:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

That sounds like a blast! Glad to know the movie was good, I haven't seen the musical or movie. I'll have to rent it when it comes out on DVD.

I know you had fun at Borders. I haven't heard of that yogurt before.

:)