to learn to play chess. I've always wanted to learn to play this game. I asked my husband to teach me yesterday. We played a few games (quick ones, he quickly won while explaining strategy to me) and then he suggested I "practice" using the chess game on my laptop. He said it would help me to learn how the pieces can move, etc. Well, I've played a good 13 games at beginner level and have yet to win the computer. But I'm having fun! While my other hobbies are more "solitary" like knitting and reading, chess is something I can play on my own using the computer or with my husband or any of my sons.
It's time for me to have my little corner of the web. This blog is an inkling of my random thoughts, memories, worries, and joys. It's just a small part of what makes up the whole me. And it will be constantly changing because it is me...at this moment.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Challenging Myself
to learn to play chess. I've always wanted to learn to play this game. I asked my husband to teach me yesterday. We played a few games (quick ones, he quickly won while explaining strategy to me) and then he suggested I "practice" using the chess game on my laptop. He said it would help me to learn how the pieces can move, etc. Well, I've played a good 13 games at beginner level and have yet to win the computer. But I'm having fun! While my other hobbies are more "solitary" like knitting and reading, chess is something I can play on my own using the computer or with my husband or any of my sons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Chess is fun---I haven't played in awhile but it's like riding as bike :-) I'm not sure but I think it's hard to beat the computer (unless you set it at "beginner" or something!)
This is something I probably should do, but haven't tried yet. I haven't convinced myself of it, I guess. My husband taught himself when he was in the military, but hasn't played in a while. He's mentioned it once or twice in passing, but he's so crazy addicted to golf at the moment, I doubt I could get him to teach me or play with me I'd end up playing on the computer by myself (like I've been doing with Word games lately).
I hope you learn, and have fun doing it Maria! :)
HI Maria,
I don't know how to play chess but my son and huby do and they don't play anymore but used too. Have fun!
Post a Comment