Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tuesday Thoughts

Two more weeks of school and then summer vacation...I can hardly wait!

I really liked reading Twilight...who would have thought I'd love a vampire romance??? I look forward to reading the rest of the series this summer.

I'm grateful my older brother, Pete, is on the mend in the hospital. He is in good spirits.

I'm still loving my Wii Fit and have only missed two days since I began it. I'm less than a pound away from my first 2 lbs. weight loss goal (for the first two weeks).

The home improvements continue. Windows and doors are all installed. Happiness!

The graduation announcements are all mailed. Yeah!

Lots of phone calls to make to old friends. I need to make that a priority.

The twins finished their East Coast trip scrapbooks...99% on their own. Of course, we had to nag them to do it...but they're done and turned in for a grade.

I'm looking forward to teaching 100% of the time next year...my very own class in a different classroom.

I've put knitting on the back burner for now. I'm enjoying reading lots of books from the library such as Comfort Food, by Kate Jacobs and Sundays at Tiffany's, by James Patterson.

I had some fun girl time with my friend, Tina, tonight. Went to Target with the job of buying toilet paper and came home $100 poorer. I bought 3 t-shirts on sale, some $1 patriotic flip flops, the new Starbucks Chai Truffles (major yum, we ate some in the parking lot, LOL), air fresheners for the boys' rooms, Special K Cinnamon Pecan cereal (hubby loves it!), and a "bedrest pillow" to better sit in bed and read on hot summer nights.

I just love watching my sons become young men and seeing them interact in the world. It's such a gift to witness this growth in them.

I am blessed...beyond measure, beyond what I deserve.

3 comments:

Trish said...

You ARE blessed, but let's get one thing straight: it is NOT beyond what you deserve. You deserve the best that this world has to offer! (and don't you forget it, missy!)
Love ya!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I love reading posts like this, always such happy, joyful things. I love not taking everyday things for granted and realizing what blessings they are :)

We're still loving our new Wii. I haven't found Wii Fit yet, but I can wait. I look forward to getting it eventually. Goodness knows the sports one has my right arm/shoulder sore enough these first few days :)

Yeah on new windows and doors!

I just picked up Comfort Food along with 2 Sarah Addison Allen books, and two others at the library. Yeah for new books!

Wow, I want to go to Target with you. We shop alike. I go in for one bottle of shampoo and come out much poorer, too :)

Unknown said...

You are blessed. Don't you just love Target?? Why is it I go in there for a few things and always end up with so much more? LOL