I've been trying to eat healthier this week after an indulgent week of eating in Sedona. My hubby made vegetarian chili the other night (two of our sons don't eat meat or fish) and it was very tasty. Tonight he is making me vegetable soup from scratch (at my request). I'll freeze single portion servings of the leftovers. Lots of good vitamins in there. I've also been eating more fruit and yogurt. I still need to get moving exercise-wise.
My master's program is moving along and I only have two more weeks of "class" and then I need to get my final portfolio together. That's a huge project in itself but I can't wait to be done!
Knitting wise, I'm still working on the pink baby blanket for my nephew's daughter that will be born in June. She would have been my mother's first natural great grandchild. It's bittersweet. He and his fiance will name her middle name after Mom. Very thoughtful. I'm also working on a blanket/afghan for my 9 year old nephew. His birthday is this month but I don't know that I will get it done. I can't wait to finish both of these and get knitting with the gorgeous Peruvian wool I bought in Sedona.
House improvements are moving along. We ordered new windows and doors this week. Once those are in, we can have the stucco put on the house. Then we'll finish up on things inside. Also, I can't wait to plant gorgeous flowers in the front yard. Everything but my roses was torn up to redo the front of the house. Yeah, that will be fun!
I'm also looking forward to reading more photography books and getting out there to do some more practice with my Rebel. Spring flowers are blooming everywhere!
And lastly, I've been reading a bit. Not a whole lot. I finished Rules, a great book for older kids to read. One of my students, Jacob, is reading it now and I can't wait to discuss it with him. Now I'm reading Lost and Found, borrowed from a friend. It's kind of weird but I'll stick with it.
Things I'm looking forward to this weekend:
- a possible visit from my stepdaughter and granddaughter
- dinner with my girlfriend, Tina
- leisurely drinking coffee on Saturday morning
- baking for my sons and family
- reading
- knitting
- relaxing at home
2 comments:
You're at the home strecth of your master's--I am so proud of you!! Your knitting projects and home improvements sound wonderful (when do you find the time??) I can't wait for it to warm up here and I can get my herbs and flowers planted. I wish I had more sunny spots for vegetables, but I had pretty good luck last summer with "patio" tomatoes on the back deck.
Sounds like a wonderful weekend planned. I don't usually plant things after Mothers Day because we still could get a freeze but I am going to plant some pansies. Have agreat weekend.
Post a Comment