Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Third Grade Classroom

Here are some pictures taken the day of Open House. There are other bulletin boards with pictures of my students. I do not feel that I can post any pictures of my students on the internet. I tried very hard not to include any information about the name of our school either. If you see something that gives that away, please let me know in the comments.

Our math bulletin board:
Our Art displays, the students studied 3 artists:
Our "mission statement" written interactively at the beginning of the school year:
Part of our classroom library is here. Most of these books belong to my teaching partner. This was "her classroom" and I moved into it to partner teach with her three years ago. I lent out my classroom libraries to new teachers when I moved in there.


A bulletin board highlighting students' use of alliteration:


We read Charlotte's Web as a class. The large poster tells about E.B. White's life and the little white things around it are character webs the kids made about their favorite character. They cut words out of magazines to describe the character. I knew one kid didn't get the idea when he cut "Prague" "Great Wall of China" and "Hawaii" out of a travel magazine he had brought from home to describe Wilbur.

We are required to post the current state standards we are teaching in our classroom. This chart is right by our "rug area" and the kids always know what standard we are addressing in our lessons.

And last, but not least, this is the view out of our classroom window. This picture does not do any justice to this beautiful tree.

3 comments:

Trish said...

Thanks for posting those photos, Maria! It'll be nice to be able to picture you there in my mind during the day now. I love how you have lots of windows in your classroom, and a nice view too!

Anonymous said...

Your classroom looks so bright and friendly. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I remember from my own children how important 3rd grade is--it's a turning point in terms of learning. Your kids are blessed to have you!

Unknown said...

Hi Maria,

I loved seeing your classroom. I can just picture all of your kids there. What a great age to teach. I also am behind with my blog reading but loved your wordless weds. last week. Hope you have a great week!