Today I truly felt like I lived in the moment. You know, didn't worry about what I had to do or should be doing, I just did went with the flow. My day started off with a leisurely breakfast with my sister-in-law at Panera Bread. We split a cranberry orange muffin and the spinach artichoke souffle. After that, we went to Borders to use coupons we had and then to Michael's to do the same. I bought a couple of CDs at Borders for myself and my sister-in-law picked out some yarn at my request for me to knit her a scarf. I'm waiting for my knitting guru, Bloomin' Knitiot, to get back to me on some advice on working with size 17 needles. That's what the ballband recommended for this yarn. I've never knit with anything larger than size 10.5 so these things seem like baseball bats. After I dropped her off, I went to another craft store to use a coupon. Wound up buying my brother a railroad calendar as part of his birthday gift. He loves trains! Stopped by my sister's home to check on her plants (she's on a cruise with her family) and finally made my way home, six hours after I left. Hubby was wondering where I'd been. I enjoyed walking around the stores, looking at everything.
I decided to be a good wife and cleaned out the fridge and gave it a good scrubbing inside. It looks so tidy and shiny in there now. Then I made a big batch of brownies since my sons had friends over. I'm kinda famous for making good brownies among their friends. Never mind that they are from Costco out of a box, the boys love them! Decided to make a big spaghetti dinner too to feed all of them. My cute granddaughter kept yelling to me, "Oma, is it done yet?" She was anxious to eat, I guess. She and her mom will be heading back home soon after spending the last three days here. We should see them back here again for the long Thanksgiving weekend.
Now I'm just doing some blog surfing. I decided to put off my homework till tomorrow night. I am enjoying the last few hours of this holiday weekend and counting my blessings for a wonderful day.
2 comments:
Awww... sounds like a wonderful day! I, too, can leave the house and be gone for hours... my husband often wonders what is going on... LOL :) I just get lost in stores, espeically fabric and craft stores! :)
Sounds like another awesome day, I could really "feel the joy" when I was reading your post. Hope you're having a great day today, too (even though I'm several days late to post a comment!
:)
Post a Comment