Saturday, September 1, 2007

Movies and Margaritas...a new tradition?



Last night's date was such fun. Simple things that really are just the "good stuff" of life, ya know? We started out at Happy Hour at El Torito and shared the above appetizer sampler and each had a Cuervo® Gold House Margarita. And a glass of water on the side of this lightweight! Afterwards, we walked right next door to the movie theatre to see No Reservations. It was a fun, light-hearted movie that left you feeling happy when you walked out of the theatre. Loving food as I do, I especially enjoyed some of the chef scenes in the kitchen. Some happy music on the soundtrack too! After the movie, we stopped in at Ben & Jerry’s Homemade Ice Cream to cool down. I was a good girl and had chocolate brownie frozen yogurt. It hit the spot!

This night out was much needed. It gave us the chance to enjoy some air-conditioning during this horrible heat wave. We had a chance to talk about our plans for the upcoming month or so, hubby's photography business, my new school year, and our sons. We were able to walk hand in hand and just enjoy each other's company. We've been together 21 years and it's always good to take the time to just enjoy each other's company. And that is something we need to remember and do more often.

P.S. Hubby was a bit embarrassed I whipped out my camera to take pics in the cantina. His comment, "People are going to think you never go out!" I told him this was for my blog. A blogger's gotta do what she's gotta do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you took pix at the cantina for your blog. Glad you had such fun...B & J's chocolate brownie frozen yogurt is a favorite around here!