Monday, September 17, 2007

Knitting therapy...

does my frazzled mind good. Yesterday I went ahead and cast on a new scarf. Just a very simple K2P2 pattern that I don't have to think about.

I'm using this yarn: Patons SWS in Natural Geranium:
Natural Geranium 24107070530

And I'm making the scarf to donate to our city's Cancer Relay for Life event later this month. It will be one of the items up for raffle at my team's raffle. I love the colors and will post a picture as soon as it gets a bit longer. This is the first time I've worked with a wool/soy blend. It's soft but rather "fuzzy".

It feels good to knit again. I even took it to work with me and knit a few rows after I finished eating my lunch. All too soon the bell rang and it was time to tuck it away and pick up my students. But the knitting therapy did me good, even those few stolen moments.

2 comments:

Stephanie Coats said...

Yay, I'm glad you are knitting again! And what pretty colors those are!!

Karen said...

I love the colors you are working with. Knitting can be very relaxing taking your mind off the daily pressures in life. So glad you are enjoying it.