Monday, September 3, 2007

Goals for the future

While going through my scrapping stuff today, I found a journal that I used to write random ideas for scrapping, memories to scrap, and the like. In there I found a list of 25 things I'd like to accomplish or do in this life I'm blessed with. I didn't date the list when I made it but I suspect it is at least three years old or so. Thought I'd share it here even though I've done a couple of the things on it. Maybe it will inspire you to make your own list and inspire me to keep my list in mind. Here's the list in no particular order written that day:

Travel to Rome with my husband, Jose * Have loving, strong relationships with my children when they are grown * Make scrapbooks for my grandchildren (including my only one so far!) * Receive Holy Communion again * Learn to speak Spanish fluently * Take a family vacation to my husband's hometown in Mexico * Own a cabin in the mountains * Earn my master's degree (in progress!) * See the Grand Canyon (done March 2005) * See the leaves turn in autumn in New England * Join or lead a woman's bible study group * Crochet well * Be told I made a difference by former students when they visit me as adults * Read the entire Bible * Go on a cruise * Visit the historical sites on the East Coast * Take a photography class with Jose * Be nominated as Teacher of the Year for my district * Teach a scrapbooking class for the community * Take a family vacation to Germany * Get all our photographs organized * Complete an "All About Me" scrapbook * Document my heritage * Walk/run a 5K * Learn how to knit (done January 2007)

2 comments:

Stephanie Coats said...

I am anxious to hear the story behind this picture!!

Stephanie Coats said...

Oops, wrong post! LOL Sorry, Maria!